Sunday, October 11, 2020

Just doing my thing again

 









protecting myself from the toxicity for now on.

I can’t be too reckless or else I am gone .

My mind has taken a toll , my body is no better.

I’m still crossing the street in all kinds of weather. 

Battered and worn- out T-shirt and jeans 

I still rock chuck Taylor’s as I damn well please.

Listening to my playlist of mp3s

Always down to listen to some LP.

Walking down the street

to the bodega to grab me something to eat.

Bacon egg and cheese.

Hey I gotta eat.

Just thinking overall about today.

What do I want to say?

I wish my back was okay.

It will heal in time. Let’s stay optimistic.

Even when I feel ok, let’s not to be drastic.

It is after all about healing.

Writing How about my overall feelings.

I’m doing alright, can’t really complain.

Things are the same.

Taking it slow and playing some games.

Everyday is new and never ceases to change.

That’s how things are.

I’ve made progress, I’ve come so far.

I know that I work really hard.

Not for me but for those around me who know what I am about.

It’s not about clout.

It’s about doing right by each other.

Together in unison as sisters and brothers.



No comments:

Post a Comment