Friday, June 26, 2020

Remembering what I was taught.











After all this time and many thoughts.
Remembering well what I was taught.

To not let my anger lead me.
To let things flow naturally.
That is way that I follow recently.
This world can be unforgiving.

It can be a friend to you when you need it the most.
It also can turn its back on you and pretend you’re a ghost.
People who claim they can’t hear you ask you to repeat what you say .
Really?
I’ve been repeating myself day after day .

After all that, there is nothing.
Well not nothing . Maybe a little something.
A little glimmer of hope to keep myself going.
Expressing myself like this requires an honest showing.

I don’t want to ever be to fool again.
I don’t want ever feel less than as a man.
I would like for someone to understand.
That I am here doing what I can .

If it’s not enough for you then leave.
Don’t lead me on like you are caring.
I fell for that before.
Not happening anymore.
I wish to move past this summer slump.
I wish people would stop trying to think that I am dumb.

I have a brain to figure things out.
God above me with all the clout.
My poetry that keeps from the doubt.
Even though I’m still quiet as a mouse.

I choose my words wisely.
Appreciate if I’m thought of highly.
Falling down a couple steps, I continue on climbing.
Could have gave up anytime and yet I’m here smiling.






No comments:

Post a Comment