Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Standing up...










Now I know there are those see my posts
Some are okay and others say I am a ghost.
Hope is something I’m in need of the most.
What ? Doesn’t everyone need a little hope?
Yeah I’m just one guy.
A guy who just does things and never asked why?
Is that a crime ?
Did I run out of time ?
I’m still here on earth so let me make the most of it.
Still get plagued by depression.
Not always does it plague me.
Not always do I have bad dreams.
I’m still writing and that’s saying something.
It’s progress
Nevertheless, it’s important for me to grow.
After all, I do have a good side I like to show.
So for those out there you see me as a joke.
Fade away quick like a puff of smoke.
Be careful with those words, it’s possible to choke.
Especially when you don’t know everything.
It’s not only just what you see.
Like that good stuff, grade A quality.
I’m a poet who can write it all down down .
On the bus onto the next town.
I’m here for the real ones, forget these clowns.
I’m not perfect, but I do try to do the right thing.
Is that telling you something?
It tells me that I have a chance.
To stand tall and be my own man.

No comments:

Post a Comment